lundi 21 septembre 2015

Slimming World Recipe: Baked Oats



Since I last posted about my Slimming World journey so far I haven't kept my promise that I would start posting my favourite recipes. I honestly feel like this year is already flying by, its so scary, but i am going to make more of an effort to do these posts as its part of life now. So here we have it today my first ever Slimming World recipe post for a new favourite of mine, Baked Oats. 

Now let me just say i cannot take the credit for this recipe. Over the last week i have seen it all over my instagram feed and this is all thanks to the inspirational consultant Phoebe Court aka @swfeebs. She was inspired by a post on another instagram fitness page and decide to food optimise the recipe for all us Slimming Worlders out there! The results...well they are absolutely amazing, this recipe has such a low syn value yet it feels like an absolute treat. I have seen so many people adding all different toppings like banana, nutella, orange, cherries etc... the options are endless. In fact I think this could also be made as a really lovely dessert!

So here is my variation of the recipe for this yummy breakfast!

You will need: 

  • 35g Porridge Oats (Hex B for the day)
  • 50ml Skimmed Milk (Part of your Hex A)
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 x Tbsp of Sweetener
  • A dash of Vanilla or Almond Extract
  • 25g Blueberries (0.5syns)
  • Strawberries (As many as you fancy)
  • Mullerlight Vanilla with Dark Chocolate Sprinkles Yogurt/Your favourite SW friendly yogurt. 


Step One
Preheat your over on Gas Mark 7/200C for 10 minutes. Whilst this is preheating weigh out all the ingredients.

Step Two
Place the porridge oats, egg, sweetener and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are properly combined. Now add your blueberries and gently mix these in. 

Step Three
Transfer the mixture to an over proof dish which has good depth as it will rise. (I used a small ceramic one).

Step Four
Place in the middle of the oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch.

Step Five
Bring out of the oven and let it cool for about 3 minutes. At this point you can either transfer the baked oats onto a plate or like me you can keep it inside the dish to serve. 

Step Six
Now top your baked oats with the yogurt and strawberries. If you like you could drizzle a little honey or maple syrup on top for 1syn extra. Now grab a spoon and enjoy!


Have a go and let me know what you think! Don't forget to visit @swfeebs page for lots of inspiration/ many more yummy recipes and whilst you're there why not visit my page @collette_sw :)

1 commentaires:

west1871 a dit…

Don't forget to add the milk at the mixing stage as the recipe forgets this. Wonderfully yummy,would also do this as a hot pud for dinner time aswell as a filling breakfast.

Enregistrer un commentaire