vendredi 11 septembre 2015

Slimming World Chicken Chow Mein.




Whenever I go to a Chinese restaurant I always fill up on chicken chow mein, noodles anything like that because it's my favourite and no shop makes a pre-made chicken chow mein the same, so I literally only have it when I go to a Chinese. I saw on the Slimming World app this recipe and of course I had to give it a go, my word it was delicious. 

Information:
Serves 4 People.
Preparation time: 15minutes.
Cooking time: 30-40minutes.
Syns per serving: FREE

Ingredients:
♥ 8tbsp light soy sauce
♥ 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
♥ 1tsp of Chinese 5 Spice powder
♥ 3 skinless chicken breasts (sliced)
♥ 397g dried egg noodles
♥ large bag of mixed stir fry veg
♥ 8 spring onions (sliced diagonally)
♥ 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
♥ FryLight

How to cook Chicken Chow Mein:
1) Mix the light soy sauce, garlic, 5 spice powder in a bowl, add the chicken, toss to coat evenly and then set aside to marinate for 20minutes.

2) Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packets instructions, then drain. Spray a large frying pan or wok with fry light, add the chicken, then stir fry on a high heat for 4-5 minutes.

3) Add the vegetables and spring onion, stir fry together for another 4 - 5minutes. At this point, I added some more soy sauce and Chinese spice to get the flavours around all the ingredients.         

5) Add the noodles and dark soy sauce (and more spice if you fancy, I did) toss together, stir fry for a extra few minutes to let all the flavours combine together. 

6) Serve in warmed bowls. You could serve this with other things, such as lemon chicken, chicken skewers, rice or anything else, but I just had it by itself.



3 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

How can the noodles be sin free?

Unknown a dit…

On the slimming world diet noodles, pasta, rice etc are syn free.

Unknown a dit…

No step 4 ?

Enregistrer un commentaire