mardi 22 septembre 2015

Chicken Chilli

(Low-Fat) Chicken Chili Recipe



I have been looking for a recipe for chicken chilli for a while and stumbled across this recipe this morning whilst trying to decide what to make for dinner.  It is a low fat chilli chicken recipe and was found on the myrecipes site.  Now I haven’t made it yet but I think I will attempt it tonight or tomorrow depending on whether I have everything in the fridge for it :-D.  I have adapted the recipe slightly to make less and also to make it more Slimming World friendly and as soon as I make it I will update the recipe with any modifications and of course a picture.  If in the meantime anyone else decides to make it please let me know how it turns out.  The original recipe can be found here.
Serves – 4
Syns per serving – Negligible on EE
Ingredients:
  • 4 Chicken breasts – chopped into chunks
  • 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
  • 1 medium onion – chopped


  • 2 tbsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 200 ml chicken stock
  • 400g tin of chopped tomato’s
  • 1 tbsp tomato puree – 1/2 syn
  • 1 tin red kidney beans
  • salt and pepper
Method:
  • Spray a large saucepan with fry light and over a medium heat add chicken to pan. Cook chicken, until starting to brown.


  • Add garlic, onion, chili powder and cumin. Cook, stirring often until onion is tender.
  • Stir in stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
  • Stir in the beans and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.


1 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Je adore <3 my favourite chilli chicken recipe ever :)

Enregistrer un commentaire